Lip Enhancement / Lips Fillers / Lip Implants – near Los Angeles, CA – Adam Kinal MD
Options for enhancement of the lips and perioral area of mouth.
Perma Facial Implant™ is made of a soft, solid silicone elastomer using an injection molding process to produce a naturally contoured implant with a smooth, non-porous surface. The implant cannot rupture or deflate, and may be removed at any time. Perma Facial Implant™ is the answer. The permanent solution to a popular problem can be performed IN OFFICE under local anesthesia with typically short recovery time.
Full, sensual lips have long been considered an aesthetic ideal.
Lip augmentation with lip implants or dermal fillers plumps up lips and enhances the look of the entire face.
With age our lips lose volume and thin out or perhaps you were born with thin lips, however there are options for you. Injectables are a great temporary solution to regain volume and give you that youthful plump to your lips. However, if you are tired of constant revisits and the high cost of injectables then PermaLip Implants may be for you. They come in 3mm, 4mm and 5mm sizes to suit your needs. Plumping the lips with PermaLip may also alleviate those pesky LIP LINES (RHYTIDS) around your mouth.
If fuller, more desirable lips is what you want then
PermaLip is for you.
Now Available. Restylane® SILK, especially developed and the ONLY FDA approved dermal filler for Perioral Lines (wrinkles around the mouth and lips lines).
As we age the fat and collagen in the face begins to deteriorate and further-more, bone loss may occur. The result is thinner skin and more noticeable lines and wrinkles, particularly around the mouth. A great concern to most women particularly is the lower part of the face showing signs of aging. Some of the most noticeable signs are lip volume loss (thinning of the lips) and an increase in lines around the mouth area, even in patients that are not smokers.
Genetics, aging and lifestyle factors like smoking can all cause the lips to appear thin. Dermal fillers are a solution for people who want to enhance narrow lips or otherwise rejuvenate lips that have become wrinkled with age. Patients can see immediate results in the appearance of their lips and surrounding perioral area with injectable dermal fillers.
The shape, fullness and outline of the lips is often one of most important features to a woman when it comes to her face. Although the aging process will alter the look and appeal of the lips, fortunately there are a few different options available to help meet the desired goals.
Dermal filler options are :
- Restylane® Silk
The ideal youthful lip displays the following characteristics:
- Plump contour with 4-5mm teeth showing when the mouth is at rest
- Width of the lips as measured from corner-to-corner is no more than double the width of the nostrils
- The thickness or height of the middle aspects of the lower lip is twice to thrice of the corresponding area of the upper lip
- Proportional distance between upper lip and nostrils
- Corners that slightly turn up naturally
- Firm lower lip with plump pout confined to the center third to half of the lip only
- Precise definition between vermillion border and the smooth surrounding skin around the mouth (“white roll” or labial ledge)
Lips undergo the following changes with age:
- Inversion where the lips turn in so that no teeth are visible when the mouth is at rest
- Elongation where the width from left to right widens
- Upper cutaneous lip elongation where the distance between the bottom of the nostrils and the upper vermillion border increases imparting a ‘horsey’ appearance
- Drooping of the corners
- Lower lip hanging or redundancy
- Wrinkling in the skin around the lips (and the cause of lipstick “bleed’)
The most appropriate candidates for lip reshaping are patients who have:
- Lips that have become thin, inverted, shapeless or sagging with age
- Had other facial rejuvenation surgeries and want their lips to sync up with the rest of their face
- Naturally unbalanced lips
- Naturally thin, inverted or flat lips that are nearly invisible, imparting an angry expression
Those who already possess ideally shaped lips but desire a bit more plumpness may only need added lip volume.
JUVÉDERM® is a gel made of hyaluronic acid—a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps to add volume and hydration. It’s injected under the skin to instantly restore your skin’s volume. The look and feel is so nature that people will definitely notice, but no one will know! JUVÉDERM® injectable gel is the first FDA-approved hyaluronic acid dermal filler that is proven to be safe and effective for persons of color.
Another filler is called Restylane. A safe and natural cosmetic dermal filler, it restores volume and fullness to the skin as a means to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. It’s also effective in giving your lips a more youthful look.
RESTYLANE® is made of non-animal based hyaluronic acid, a natural substance that already exists in the human body and is used to provide volume and fullness to the skin. Results are instantaneous and last about 6 months.
It is not commonly know that, unlike rooster-derived hyaluronic acid-based products, Restylane is free from animal proteins. This quality limits any risk of animal-based disease transmission or allergic reaction. Restylane also has the highest concentration of hyaluronic acid available in any dermal filler.
COST: Quotes will be provided at consultation
Restylane Silk –
Juvederm Ultra XC –
PermaLip Implant – Quote will be given at consult
Schedule your appointment with Dr. Kinal to find out more about dermal fillers and what is right for you.