Blepharoplasty or Eye Rejuvenation Procedures – near Los Angeles, CA – Adam Kinal MD
THE GOAL: to restore a smooth, youthful and natural well-rested look to eyes that droop, bag or have sagging skin due to aging or genetics.
- Upper Blepharoplasty – removes excess skin on the upper eyelid
- Traditional lower blepharoplasty (lower outside) – removes excess skin where necessary and pockets of fat under eye
- Lower lid pinch blepharoplasty – removes excess skin without removing fat. Incision follows lower lash line.
- Transconjunctival blepharoplasty (lower inside) – removes congenital puffy under eye bags, without removing skin.
Eyelid surgery delivers a fresh, rejuvenated look that will last for many years.
Other related rejuvenation procedures to the eye:
- Fat transfer to the tear trough – revitalize the eye socket area hollowed by age or extreme weight loss. Frequently done along with lower eye lift.
- Botox injections – ease crow’s feet and other wrinkles.
- Laser or IPL rejuvenation – smooths out fine lines or texture
What the surgery cannot do:
- Lift sagging eyebrows
- Lighten dark circles
- Eliminate crow’s feet
Who is a good candidate ?
- Women and Men
- Age 35 to 65
- Generally in good health
- Desires cosmetic improvement in facial features
- Patients who hollows around their lower lids, leading to appearance of dark circles.
- Younger patients with inherited under-eye bags
Medical conditions that may cause a challenge:
- Thyroid disorder such as hypothyroidism and graves disease.
- Dry eyes unable to produce tears
- Cardiovascular and circulatory disorders
- Detached retina or glaucoma
The pre-operative consultation is where we check your tear production, review your health, finalize the details of your procedures, order appropriate tests, prescribe medications, discuss your aftercare and answer any questions you may have.
We may ask that you bring the following to the consultation:
- Contact lenses or glasses if you wear them.
- The results of your latest eye exam from your ophthalmologist. If you haven’t had one lately, you may be asked to schedule one in advance of the pre-op appointment.
- Any appropriate health records related to the list of conditions noted above.
CRITICAL PRE-OP CAUTIONARY NOTE
It is absolutely essential that that you avoid all aspirin, aspirin-related, ibuprofen or blood-thinning medications for 2 full weeks prior to your surgery. In your pre-op consultation, we will give you a complete list of these drugs.
Usually 5-7 days after surgery.
- Follow all post-op instructions to the letter for optimal results and fewer complicatons.
- You will need to keep your activities to an absolute minimum for at least 3 – 5 days.
- Avoid strenuous activity – including exercise, heavy housework – for at least 2 weeks.
- Bruising is fairly mild to minimal following the procedure but when it does occur, it usually takes about 7 to 14 days to completely fade away
- 5-7 days resume wearing makeup.
- Dryness, itching or burning may occur. Prescription eye drops can be given to ease all of these.
- Sensitivity to sunlight, wind and other irritants may occur. We strongly suggest wearing sunglasses with UV lenses to alleviate the issue.
Diagram shows upper blepharoplasty – removing excess skin or ptosis (drooping) on the upper eyelid due to aging or genetics.
Diagram shows lower blepharoplasty – removing excess skin and where necessary, pockets of fat under eye.